Monday, March 23, 2009

Moving In

So we finally found "un apartamento" although we really only had one acceptable option in the entire city center. That is not to say I don't like our place though. It is fairly large with big windows that flood the rooms with sunlight during the day.

This is a picture of our dining room.


The apartment is actually located on the top floor of the hotel we first stayed in upon our arrival in Salto, right off the principle street. Unfortunately, there were only two rooms for three of us, but we were able to turn the living room into another bedroom.

However, my biggest complaint is that we don't have an oven or stove in the kitchen. There was a clause in the lease that made us promise to not cook. Seriously? How frustrating. They said it had something to do with the smell; but really, I smell food all the time wafting in my window from the restaurant across the street.

This is my room.


All in all, I'm happy with our living situation despite the fact our rent is comparatively high for the city we are in. I suppose I should be thankful; with the rent divided between the three of us, my part is still less than half of what I was paying to live in Maryland.

No comments:

Post a Comment